Becoming a Civil Marriage Celebrant

Although the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages maintains a register of Western Australian authorised marriage celebrants, all requests for appointment must be referred to the Commonwealth Attorney General’s Department at:

Marriage Celebrant Unit
Family Law Branch
Attorney General's Department
Robert Garran Offices
National Circuit

or alternatively view their website Commonwealth Attorney General's Department (Marriages).

If you wish to become a religious marriage celebrant you should contact the nominating authority of your church for further information in relation to becoming an authorised marriage celebrant.

Last updated: 15-Apr-2019

[ back to top ]