Apply in Person at Court Locations

Various court locations throughout the State can accept Western Australian birth, death and marriage certificate applications. An application form can be completed at the court or you can print an online application and take it with you (see downloads below). Also bring the appropriate original evidence-of-identity with you.

The following certificates are available on application to the Perth Registry only:

Evidence-of-Identity Identification requirements

When applying for a certificate in person three forms of original identification must be provided. Photocopies must be certified by a qualified person.

Further information is available on the Evidence-of-Identity Requirements page.

Certification requirements

Photocopies of evidence-of-identity documents will only be accepted if they are certified by a qualified person as being "true copies" of the original documents. Information about who can certify documents is provided on the application form.

Where do I apply?

Some metropolitan and regional courts have online certificate issuing facilities and are able to produce WA birth, death and marriage certificates. These courts are located at Albany, Armadale, Broome, Bunbury, Busselton, Carnarvon, Esperance, Fremantle, Geraldton, Joondalup, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Katanning, Kununurra, Mandurah, Manjimup, Merredin, Midland, Northam, Rockingham and South Hedland Courts.

Other court locations can fax applications for birth, death and marriage certificates to the Perth Registry Office for processing.

See Locations & Links for addresses

LocationType of certificateYear of eventDelivery time

Online courts

Birth, death or marriage

1841 onwards

Usually on the same day.

Other court locations

Birth, death or marriage

1841 onwards

Application faxed to the Perth Registry for processing. Allow up to two working days plus regular postal delivery time.

Priority paid: Faxed to the Perth Registry and processed within 24 hours plus priority postal delivery time.

How do I apply?

Print and complete the relevant application below and bring it with you to the Court House location with original identification and payment. An application can also be completed when you are at the Court.




Letter of Authority

Last updated: 15-Apr-2019

[ back to top ]